Spinach Salad with Pears, Blue Cheese & Candied Pecans
This sweet and savory combo is as flavorful as it is colorful. Goldies raw onions add to the delicious crunch without fear of onion breath.
6 to 8 servings
For the vinaigrette
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp grated Goldies™ yellow onion
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the salad
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 2 firm, ripe pears, any variety, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 Goldies onion (about 3 oz), slivered
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 1/2 cup purchased candied pecans or walnuts
1. In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, syrup, grated onion, Dijon, salt and pepper. Drizzle in oil, whisking constantly, until emulsified. Set vinaigrette aside.
2. In large salad bowl or on a serving platter, toss spinach, sliced pears, blue cheese, slivered onion, dried cranberries and candied nuts.
3. Drizzle some vinaigrette over salad and gently toss to coat. If desired, add more vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
A combo of red and green pears makes a colorful presentation. For the grated onion, simply grate an onion half on the small holes of a cheese grater. Measure 1 tablespoon onion pulp and juice. Use the remaining onion half and in the salad. Refrigerate leftovers.
Tangy Roasted Onions
Goldies are at home in any recipe. But they’re the star of this one! Combine the mildly sweet flavor of Goldies with just the right supporting flavors and you have a delicious treat that leaves no onion breath behind.
Savory French Onion Soup
This classic onion entrée never tasted so good. That’s because it starts with perfectly caramelized Goldies onions.
- All the fresh, crisp taste
- All the mildly sweet flavor
- All kinds of ways to enjoy — raw or cooked
- All the nutrition — packed with antioxidants and vitamins
- No tears when cutting and chopping
- No onion breath
- No bite or burn like other onions
- No smelly fingers
I love this onion! I can’t wait for it to get to market!
Customer names have been modified to protect privacy.