Roasted Root Vegetables & Onions with Horseradish Sour Cream
What’s the root cause that makes this veggie dish so tasty? Goldies, of course. They’re delicious in any recipe — including those calling for cooked onions.
6 to 8 servings
- 6 cups root vegetables, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (carrots, parsnips, turnips, rutabaga, celery root and winter squash, such as butternut, delicata, acorn)
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 cup baby red potatoes, halved
- 2 large Goldies™ yellow onions, peeled and quartered*
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For horseradish sour cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 to 2 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
1. For vegetables, preheat oven to 450°F with racks in center and lower third of oven. Arrange vegetables in single layer on two or three large baking sheets; drizzle each sheet with 1 to 1-1/2 tablespoons of oil and season with salt and pepper. Stir vegetables to coat with oil and seasonings.
2. Roast vegetables on middle and lower racks 15 minutes; stir and alternate pans on racks. Continue roasting 15 minutes or until vegetables are browned and tender.
3. For horseradish sour cream, stir all ingredients together to blend. (Horseradish sour cream may be made up to 2 days in advance and chilled until serving.) To serve, transfer vegetables to serving dish. Serve with horseradish sour cream on the side.
Cutting Onions Pro Tip!
*When preparing onions, halve them through the root and stem end (the “north” and “south” poles, not crosswise through the “equator”), remove papery layer and trim off stem end, leaving root end intact. This will help prevent the onion wedges from falling apart.
This tasty guacamole is super simple to whip up. And best of all, when you use Goldies, you can make it without tears.
Tomato-Cucumber Salad with Sweet Onions & Basil-Buttermilk Dressing
Finally! You can enjoy delicious raw onions on your salad without worrying about dreaded onion breath.
Goldies are a breakthrough — a premium yellow onion unlike any other. They're full of everything you love about onions, minus everything you don't!
- All the fresh, crisp taste
- All the mildly sweet flavor
- All kinds of ways to enjoy — raw or cooked
- All the nutrition — packed with antioxidants and vitamins
- No tears when cutting and chopping
- No onion breath
- No bite or burn like other onions
- No smelly fingers
I completely changed my mind about onions
Customer names have been modified to protect privacy.