Roasted Root Vegetables & Onions with Horseradish Sour Cream
What’s the root cause that makes this veggie dish so tasty? Goldies, of course. They’re delicious in any recipe — including those calling for cooked onions.
6 to 8 servings
- 6 cups root vegetables, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (carrots, parsnips, turnips, rutabaga, celery root and winter squash, such as butternut, delicata, acorn)
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 cup baby red potatoes, halved
- 2 large Goldies™ yellow onions, peeled and quartered*
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For horseradish sour cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 to 2 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
1. For vegetables, preheat oven to 450°F with racks in center and lower third of oven. Arrange vegetables in single layer on two or three large baking sheets; drizzle each sheet with 1 to 1-1/2 tablespoons of oil and season with salt and pepper. Stir vegetables to coat with oil and seasonings.
2. Roast vegetables on middle and lower racks 15 minutes; stir and alternate pans on racks. Continue roasting 15 minutes or until vegetables are browned and tender.
3. For horseradish sour cream, stir all ingredients together to blend. (Horseradish sour cream may be made up to 2 days in advance and chilled until serving.) To serve, transfer vegetables to serving dish. Serve with horseradish sour cream on the side.
Cutting Onions Pro Tip!
*When preparing onions, halve them through the root and stem end (the “north” and “south” poles, not crosswise through the “equator”), remove papery layer and trim off stem end, leaving root end intact. This will help prevent the onion wedges from falling apart.
Classic Pico de Gallo
When recipes call for raw onions, remember to use the fresh, crisp taste of Goldies and forget about onion breath.
Upside-Down Onion, Apple & Cheddar Skillet Cornbread with Spiced Blueberry Butter
Just add sweet apples and mildly sweet Goldies to the mix to make your cornbread the best thing since sliced bread.
Goldies are a breakthrough — a premium yellow onion unlike any other. They're full of everything you love about onions, minus everything you don't!
- All the fresh, crisp taste
- All the mildly sweet flavor
- All kinds of ways to enjoy — raw or cooked
- All the nutrition — packed with antioxidants and vitamins
- No tears when cutting and chopping
- No onion breath
- No bite or burn like other onions
- No smelly fingers
I would totally buy these. Not dreading the strong tears would even be worth paying a little more.
Customer names have been modified to protect privacy.