Tomato-Cucumber Salad with Sweet Onions & Basil-Buttermilk Dressing
Finally! You can enjoy delicious raw onions on your salad without worrying about dreaded onion breath.
6 to 8 servings
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 2 cups multicolored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups Persian or English cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 1 Goldies™ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Ground black pepper, to taste
1. In food processor, mince basil, sugar and salt. Add mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice and hot sauce; pulse to combine. Set dressing aside.
2. In large bowl, toss tomatoes, cucumber and onion. Drizzle dressing over vegetables, season with pepper and toss to coat. (You may not use all the dressing. Refrigerate any remaining dressing up to two days.)
3. Serve immediately. (Salad is best served within 1 to 2 hours of preparing.)
More Tempting Onion Recipes
Deviled Bacon-Onion Dip
Forget about bacon and eggs. Bacon and Goldies make an even better pairing in this creamy, savory dip.
Rotisserie BBQ Chicken Skillet Pot Pie
What’s the key to a chicken dinner that’s a winner? Goldies, of course! This recipe is sure to make everyone happy, including yourself, since you can dice Goldies without tears
- All the fresh, crisp taste
- All the mildly sweet flavor
- All kinds of ways to enjoy — raw or cooked
- All the nutrition — packed with antioxidants and vitamins
- No tears when cutting and chopping
- No onion breath
- No bite or burn like other onions
- No smelly fingers
I completely changed my mind about onions
Customer names have been modified to protect privacy.