Tomato-Cucumber Salad with Sweet Onions & Basil-Buttermilk Dressing
Finally! You can enjoy delicious raw onions on your salad without worrying about dreaded onion breath.
6 to 8 servings
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 2 cups multicolored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups Persian or English cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 1 Goldies™ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Ground black pepper, to taste
1. In food processor, mince basil, sugar and salt. Add mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice and hot sauce; pulse to combine. Set dressing aside.
2. In large bowl, toss tomatoes, cucumber and onion. Drizzle dressing over vegetables, season with pepper and toss to coat. (You may not use all the dressing. Refrigerate any remaining dressing up to two days.)
3. Serve immediately. (Salad is best served within 1 to 2 hours of preparing.)
More Tempting Onion Recipes
Open-Face Grilled Beef Gyros with Charred Onions & Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Do you like your onions raw or cooked in gyros? With Goldies, you can have either. This time, we went with them grilled.
French Onion Soup
This classic onion entrée never tasted so good. That’s because it starts with perfectly caramelized Goldies onions.
Goldies are a breakthrough — a premium yellow onion unlike any other. They're full of everything you love about onions, minus everything you don't!
- All the fresh, crisp taste
- All the mildly sweet flavor
- All kinds of ways to enjoy — raw or cooked
- All the nutrition — packed with antioxidants and vitamins
- No tears when cutting and chopping
- No onion breath
- No bite or burn like other onions
- No smelly fingers
I love, love, love that there were no tears cutting it
Customer names have been modified to protect privacy.