Tomato-Cucumber Salad with Sweet Onions & Basil-Buttermilk Dressing
Finally! You can enjoy delicious raw onions on your salad without worrying about dreaded onion breath.
6 to 8 servings
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 2 cups multicolored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups Persian or English cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 1 Goldies™ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Ground black pepper, to taste
1. In food processor, mince basil, sugar and salt. Add mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice and hot sauce; pulse to combine. Set dressing aside.
2. In large bowl, toss tomatoes, cucumber and onion. Drizzle dressing over vegetables, season with pepper and toss to coat. (You may not use all the dressing. Refrigerate any remaining dressing up to two days.)
3. Serve immediately. (Salad is best served within 1 to 2 hours of preparing.)
More Tempting Onion Recipes
Roasted Root Vegetables & Onions with Horseradish Sour Cream
What’s the root cause that makes this veggie dish so tasty? Goldies, of course. They’re delicious in any recipe — including those calling for cooked onions.
Bistro Burgers with Garlic Aioli, Oven-Caramelized Onions & Blue Cheese
How can you make bistro burgers even better? With Goldies — the perfect onions for caramelizing.
Goldies are a breakthrough — a premium yellow onion unlike any other. They're full of everything you love about onions, minus everything you don't!
- All the fresh, crisp taste
- All the mildly sweet flavor
- All kinds of ways to enjoy — raw or cooked
- All the nutrition — packed with antioxidants and vitamins
- No tears when cutting and chopping
- No onion breath
- No bite or burn like other onions
- No smelly fingers
I kept smelling my hands and there was no smell– I could not believe it– not on breath, not on hands.
Customer names have been modified to protect privacy.