Tangy Roasted Onions
Goldies are at home in any recipe. But they’re the star of this one! Combine the mildly sweet flavor of Goldies with just the right supporting flavors and you have a delicious treat that leaves no onion breath behind.
70m + marinating
- 3/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth, chicken broth or water
- 3/4 cup vinegar (apple cider, red wine, white wine, sherry,
champagne or balsamic)
- 3 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary or thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 Goldies™ (about 1 pound)
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 Fresh rosemary or thyme leaves, for serving
1. In shallow ovenproof pan, whisk together broth, vinegar, brown sugar, rosemary, salt and pepper; set aside.
2. Trim off stem and root ends of onions to create a flat base; do not peel. Cut in half across their “equator”. Arrange onion halves in pan, cut-side down, and marinate at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
3. When ready to roast, preheat oven to 400°F. Turn onions over so cut side is up. Top each onion half with 1/2 tablespoon of butter.
4. Roast onions 30 minutes. Baste with some of the marinade. Continue roasting an additional 30 minutes or until onions are soft and richly browned.
5. Drizzle with marinade and sprinkle with additional rosemary before serving.
Tomato-Cucumber Salad with Sweet Onions & Basil-Buttermilk Dressing
Finally! You can enjoy delicious raw onions on your salad without worrying about dreaded onion breath.
Philly Cheesesteak Sliders with Melted Peppers & Onions
Sautéed onions are the unsung hero of Philly cheesesteaks. Use Goldies and they’ll finally get the credit they deserve.
Goldies are a breakthrough — a premium yellow onion unlike any other. They're full of everything you love about onions, minus everything you don't!
- All the fresh, crisp taste
- All the mildly sweet flavor
- All kinds of ways to enjoy — raw or cooked
- All the nutrition — packed with antioxidants and vitamins
- No tears when cutting and chopping
- No onion breath
- No bite or burn like other onions
- No smelly fingers
I love, love, love that there were no tears cutting it
Customer names have been modified to protect privacy.