Philly Cheesesteak Sliders with Melted Peppers & Onions
Sautéed onions are the unsung hero of Philly cheesesteaks. Use Goldies and they’ll finally get the credit they deserve.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 Goldies™ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 poblano chile (or green bell pepper), seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds beef ribeye steak, trimmed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 8 slider buns, halved
- 8 slices provolone cheese
1. In large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, poblano chile and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions and peppers are very soft, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Remove pepper mixture from pan and return pan to burner over medium-high heat.
3. Heat remaining tablespoon olive oil. Add beef and cook, stirring often, until meat is no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Reduce heat to low. Arrange provolone slices on top of beef and spread onion mixture on top of cheese. Cover pan and let stand until cheese melts, about 3 minutes.
5. Use large spoon to scoop some meat, cheese and onions onto slider buns. Secure with toothpick if necessary.
To warm and steam slider buns for serving, arrange split slider buns, cut sides down, on top of onion mixture. Cover pan as directed to melt cheese. Remove buns from pan before scooping filling.
More Tempting Onion Recipes
Rotisserie BBQ Chicken Skillet Pot Pie
What’s the key to a chicken dinner that’s a winner? Goldies, of course! This recipe is sure to make everyone happy, including yourself, since you can dice Goldies without tears
Roasted Root Vegetables & Onions with Horseradish Sour Cream
What’s the root cause that makes this veggie dish so tasty? Goldies, of course. They’re delicious in any recipe — including those calling for cooked onions.
Goldies are a breakthrough — a premium yellow onion unlike any other. They're full of everything you love about onions, minus everything you don't!
- All the fresh, crisp taste
- All the mildly sweet flavor
- All kinds of ways to enjoy — raw or cooked
- All the nutrition — packed with antioxidants and vitamins
- No tears when cutting and chopping
- No onion breath
- No bite or burn like other onions
- No smelly fingers
I completely changed my mind about onions
Customer names have been modified to protect privacy.