Philly Cheesesteak Sliders with Melted Peppers & Onions
Sautéed onions are the unsung hero of Philly cheesesteaks. Use Goldies and they’ll finally get the credit they deserve.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 Goldies™ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 poblano chile (or green bell pepper), seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds beef ribeye steak, trimmed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 8 slider buns, halved
- 8 slices provolone cheese
1. In large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, poblano chile and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions and peppers are very soft, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Remove pepper mixture from pan and return pan to burner over medium-high heat.
3. Heat remaining tablespoon olive oil. Add beef and cook, stirring often, until meat is no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Reduce heat to low. Arrange provolone slices on top of beef and spread onion mixture on top of cheese. Cover pan and let stand until cheese melts, about 3 minutes.
5. Use large spoon to scoop some meat, cheese and onions onto slider buns. Secure with toothpick if necessary.
To warm and steam slider buns for serving, arrange split slider buns, cut sides down, on top of onion mixture. Cover pan as directed to melt cheese. Remove buns from pan before scooping filling.
More Tempting Onion Recipes
Deviled Bacon-Onion Dip
Forget about bacon and eggs. Bacon and Goldies make an even better pairing in this creamy, savory dip.
Tomato-Cucumber Salad with Sweet Onions & Basil-Buttermilk Dressing
Finally! You can enjoy delicious raw onions on your salad without worrying about dreaded onion breath.
- All the fresh, crisp taste
- All the mildly sweet flavor
- All kinds of ways to enjoy — raw or cooked
- All the nutrition — packed with antioxidants and vitamins
- No tears when cutting and chopping
- No onion breath
- No bite or burn like other onions
- No smelly fingers
I was very skeptical. I was so surprised…I even ate some raw onion.
Customer names have been modified to protect privacy.