This tasty guacamole is super simple to whip up. And best of all, when you use Goldies, you can make it without tears.
- 1/2 cup finely diced Goldies™ yellow onion
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) fresh cilantro, leaves and stems
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 large ripe yet firm avocados, pitted and peeled
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
1. In large mortar, combine onion, cilantro and jalapeño. Sprinkle with salt and use pestle to lightly smash everything until juices are released from vegetables. (Alternatively, combine onion, cilantro and jalapeño on cutting board and sprinkle with salt. Use flat side of chef’s knife to smash vegetables until juices are released. Transfer mixture to large mixing bowl.)
2. Add avocado and use fork to break up. Mix with smashed onion mixture. Fold in lime juice; taste for salt and adjust if necessary. Serve immediately.
More Tempting Onion Recipes
Tomato-Cucumber Salad with Sweet Onions & Basil-Buttermilk Dressing
Finally! You can enjoy delicious raw onions on your salad without worrying about dreaded onion breath.
Classic Pico de Gallo
When recipes call for raw onions, remember to use the fresh, crisp taste of Goldies and forget about onion breath.
Goldies are a breakthrough — a premium yellow onion unlike any other. They're full of everything you love about onions, minus everything you don't!
- All the fresh, crisp taste
- All the mildly sweet flavor
- All kinds of ways to enjoy — raw or cooked
- All the nutrition — packed with antioxidants and vitamins
- No tears when cutting and chopping
- No onion breath
- No bite or burn like other onions
- No smelly fingers
I completely changed my mind about onions
Customer names have been modified to protect privacy.