This tasty guacamole is super simple to whip up. And best of all, when you use Goldies, you can make it without tears.
- 1/2 cup finely diced Goldies™ yellow onion
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) fresh cilantro, leaves and stems
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 large ripe yet firm avocados, pitted and peeled
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
1. In large mortar, combine onion, cilantro and jalapeño. Sprinkle with salt and use pestle to lightly smash everything until juices are released from vegetables. (Alternatively, combine onion, cilantro and jalapeño on cutting board and sprinkle with salt. Use flat side of chef’s knife to smash vegetables until juices are released. Transfer mixture to large mixing bowl.)
2. Add avocado and use fork to break up. Mix with smashed onion mixture. Fold in lime juice; taste for salt and adjust if necessary. Serve immediately.
More Tempting Onion Recipes
Creamy Confetti Caramelized Onion Corn Pudding
Goldies are the perfect onions for caramelizing. The proof is in the pudding — this tasty Southern-style corn pudding side dish.
Bistro Burgers with Garlic Aioli, Oven-Caramelized Onions & Blue Cheese
How can you make bistro burgers even better? With Goldies — the perfect onions for caramelizing.
Goldies are a breakthrough — a premium yellow onion unlike any other. They're full of everything you love about onions, minus everything you don't!
- All the fresh, crisp taste
- All the mildly sweet flavor
- All kinds of ways to enjoy — raw or cooked
- All the nutrition — packed with antioxidants and vitamins
- No tears when cutting and chopping
- No onion breath
- No bite or burn like other onions
- No smelly fingers
I would totally buy these. Not dreading the strong tears would even be worth paying a little more.
Customer names have been modified to protect privacy.