This tasty guacamole is super simple to whip up. And best of all, when you use Goldies, you can make it without tears.
- 1/2 cup finely diced Goldies™ yellow onion
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) fresh cilantro, leaves and stems
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 large ripe yet firm avocados, pitted and peeled
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
1. In large mortar, combine onion, cilantro and jalapeño. Sprinkle with salt and use pestle to lightly smash everything until juices are released from vegetables. (Alternatively, combine onion, cilantro and jalapeño on cutting board and sprinkle with salt. Use flat side of chef’s knife to smash vegetables until juices are released. Transfer mixture to large mixing bowl.)
2. Add avocado and use fork to break up. Mix with smashed onion mixture. Fold in lime juice; taste for salt and adjust if necessary. Serve immediately.
More Tempting Onion Recipes
Open-Face Grilled Beef Gyros with Charred Onions & Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Do you like your onions raw or cooked in gyros? With Goldies, you can have either. This time, we went with them grilled.
Roasted Root Vegetables & Onions with Horseradish Sour Cream
What’s the root cause that makes this veggie dish so tasty? Goldies, of course. They’re delicious in any recipe — including those calling for cooked onions.
- All the fresh, crisp taste
- All the mildly sweet flavor
- All kinds of ways to enjoy — raw or cooked
- All the nutrition — packed with antioxidants and vitamins
- No tears when cutting and chopping
- No onion breath
- No bite or burn like other onions
- No smelly fingers
My kids could help with the cooking!
Customer names have been modified to protect privacy.