Deviled Bacon-Onion Dip
Forget about bacon and eggs. Bacon and Goldies make an even better pairing in this creamy, savory dip.
For bacon-onion jam
- 2 cups diced Goldies™ yellow onions
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared cooled bacon-onion jam
- Crackers, toasted baguette and/or fresh vegetables, for serving
1. For bacon-onion jam, in large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until fat is rendered and bacon is crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate to drain. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of rendered drippings and return drippings and skillet to burner.
2. Add onion and salt; stir to coat with drippings. Increase heat to medium-high and cook until onions are very soft and begin to turn golden, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and stir in vinegar, sugar and thyme; simmer 5 minutes. Transfer jam to plate to cool completely. (Jam may be made up to 5 days ahead and chilled. You will not need entire batch for dip — use extra jam as a condiment on sandwiches, pizza, eggs or cheese board.)
3. For dip, preheat oven to 400°F. In large bowl, blend cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, cayenne, Worcestershire and 1/2 cup Parmesan using an electric mixer or wooden spoon. Fold in 1/2 cup cooled bacon-onion jam. Transfer dip to small shallow baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan on top of dip and bake until hot, about 10 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately with crackers, toasted baguette and vegetables.
Upside-Down Onion, Apple & Cheddar Skillet Cornbread with Spiced Blueberry Butter
Just add sweet apples and mildly sweet Goldies to the mix to make your cornbread the best thing since sliced bread.
Spinach Salad with Pears, Blue Cheese & Candied Pecans
This sweet and savory combo is as flavorful as it is colorful. Goldies raw onions add to the delicious crunch without fear of onion breath.
Goldies are a breakthrough — a premium yellow onion unlike any other. They're full of everything you love about onions, minus everything you don't!
- All the fresh, crisp taste
- All the mildly sweet flavor
- All kinds of ways to enjoy — raw or cooked
- All the nutrition — packed with antioxidants and vitamins
- No tears when cutting and chopping
- No onion breath
- No bite or burn like other onions
- No smelly fingers
I love, love, love that there were no tears cutting it
Customer names have been modified to protect privacy.