Creamy Confetti Caramelized Onion Corn Pudding
Goldies are the perfect onions for caramelizing. The proof is in the pudding — this tasty Southern-style corn pudding side dish.
- Nonstick baking spray
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced Goldies™ onions
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (15 oz) creamed corn
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp white pepper
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- Sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8×8-inch baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
2. In skillet, melt butter with oil over medium heat. Sauté onions about 15 minutes until browning. Add brown sugar and salt; continue cooking about 4 to 5 minutes to caramelize, stirring and watching closely so doesn’t burn. Scatter onions in bottom of prepared baking dish.
3. In bowl, combine eggs, corn, milk and 3 tablespoons melted butter.
4. In another bowl, blend together cornstarch, white pepper and sugar. Stir into corn mixture and pour over onions. Scatter red pepper and thyme on top.
5. Bake, uncovered, about 40 minutes until slightly jiggly but set to custard consistency. Let stand a few minutes before serving.
French Onion Soup
This classic onion entrée never tasted so good. That’s because it starts with perfectly caramelized Goldies onions.
Deviled Bacon-Onion Dip
Forget about bacon and eggs. Bacon and Goldies make an even better pairing in this creamy, savory dip.
Goldies are a breakthrough — a premium yellow onion unlike any other. They're full of everything you love about onions, minus everything you don't!
- All the fresh, crisp taste
- All the mildly sweet flavor
- All kinds of ways to enjoy — raw or cooked
- All the nutrition — packed with antioxidants and vitamins
- No tears when cutting and chopping
- No onion breath
- No bite or burn like other onions
- No smelly fingers
I kept smelling my hands and there was no smell– I could not believe it– not on breath, not on hands.
Customer names have been modified to protect privacy.