Classic Pico de Gallo
When recipes call for raw onions, remember to use the fresh, crisp taste of Goldies and forget about onion breath.
- 1 pound ripe fresh tomatoes, seeded and diced small
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup finely diced Goldies™ yellow onion
- 2 jalapeño or serrano chilies, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
1. In colander set over bowl, combine tomatoes and salt. Let tomatoes stand 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine onion, jalapeño, cilantro and lime juice. Add drained tomatoes, stir to combine and season with additional salt if necessary. Serve immediately. (Pico de gallo is best if made within one hour of serving.)
More Tempting Onion Recipes
Open-Face Grilled Beef Gyros with Charred Onions & Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Do you like your onions raw or cooked in gyros? With Goldies, you can have either. This time, we went with them grilled.
Tomato-Cucumber Salad with Sweet Onions & Basil-Buttermilk Dressing
Finally! You can enjoy delicious raw onions on your salad without worrying about dreaded onion breath.
Goldies are a breakthrough — a premium yellow onion unlike any other. They're full of everything you love about onions, minus everything you don't!
- All the fresh, crisp taste
- All the mildly sweet flavor
- All kinds of ways to enjoy — raw or cooked
- All the nutrition — packed with antioxidants and vitamins
- No tears when cutting and chopping
- No onion breath
- No bite or burn like other onions
- No smelly fingers
I completely changed my mind about onions
Customer names have been modified to protect privacy.