Classic Pico de Gallo
When recipes call for raw onions, remember to use the fresh, crisp taste of Goldies and forget about onion breath.
- 1 pound ripe fresh tomatoes, seeded and diced small
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup finely diced Goldies™ yellow onion
- 2 jalapeño or serrano chilies, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
1. In colander set over bowl, combine tomatoes and salt. Let tomatoes stand 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine onion, jalapeño, cilantro and lime juice. Add drained tomatoes, stir to combine and season with additional salt if necessary. Serve immediately. (Pico de gallo is best if made within one hour of serving.)
More Tempting Onion Recipes
French Onion Pasta Bake with Gremolata Bread Crumbs
This elegant dish will wow your guests because it's full of flavor. It also happens to be loaded with Goldies. Coincidence?
Bistro Burgers with Garlic Aioli, Oven-Caramelized Onions & Blue Cheese
How can you make bistro burgers even better? With Goldies — the perfect onions for caramelizing.
- All the fresh, crisp taste
- All the mildly sweet flavor
- All kinds of ways to enjoy — raw or cooked
- All the nutrition — packed with antioxidants and vitamins
- No tears when cutting and chopping
- No onion breath
- No bite or burn like other onions
- No smelly fingers
I was very skeptical. I was so surprised…I even ate some raw onion.
Customer names have been modified to protect privacy.