Classic Pico de Gallo
When recipes call for raw onions, remember to use the fresh, crisp taste of Goldies and forget about onion breath.
- 1 pound ripe fresh tomatoes, seeded and diced small
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup finely diced Goldies™ yellow onion
- 2 jalapeño or serrano chilies, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
1. In colander set over bowl, combine tomatoes and salt. Let tomatoes stand 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine onion, jalapeño, cilantro and lime juice. Add drained tomatoes, stir to combine and season with additional salt if necessary. Serve immediately. (Pico de gallo is best if made within one hour of serving.)
More Tempting Onion Recipes
Rotisserie BBQ Chicken Skillet Pot Pie
What’s the key to a chicken dinner that’s a winner? Goldies, of course! This recipe is sure to make everyone happy, including yourself, since you can dice Goldies without tears
Tomato-Cucumber Salad with Sweet Onions & Basil-Buttermilk Dressing
Finally! You can enjoy delicious raw onions on your salad without worrying about dreaded onion breath.
- All the fresh, crisp taste
- All the mildly sweet flavor
- All kinds of ways to enjoy — raw or cooked
- All the nutrition — packed with antioxidants and vitamins
- No tears when cutting and chopping
- No onion breath
- No bite or burn like other onions
- No smelly fingers
I was very skeptical. I was so surprised…I even ate some raw onion.
Customer names have been modified to protect privacy.